The EMSOS Scientific Committee invites all participants wishing to contribute to the scientific program to submit abstracts for presentation. This is an opportunity to share your research with international colleagues – we welcome abstracts whether the work is empirical or theoretical in nature.
Abstracts will be graded by several reviewers on the following criteria; clinical or basic science significance, methodology and as an overall submission.
Acceptance will be based on content, available space and overall program balance. The committee is not obligated to provide feedback to abstract authors regarding final decisions.
NOTE Every presenting author MUST register and pay the registration fee to be included in the final programme. One registration can be used for a maximum of two presentations.
Abstract submission closes: 10 June 2022
Review deadline: 14 July 2022
Notification to authors: 25 July 2022
- Oncology – Systemic Anti-Cancer Treatment
- Oncology – Radiotherapy
- Oncology – Paediatric
- Oncology – Fibromatosis
- Oncology – PVNS
- Oncology – Benign Bone Disease
- Oncology – Other Areas
- Nursing & Allied Health
How to submit your abstract
Click the ‘Submit Abstract’ button below and follow the onscreen instructions.
Initially you will be prompted to set up your personal account login to the portal with email and password. Keep a note of your login details as you will need them every time you access the portal to compose, edit and submit an abstract.
Once registered, you can make your submission by completing the fields in the online submission form. Please note that mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk *
When completing the Abstract field, it is easy to copy and paste straight from a Word document, but all fields have a formatting toolbar.
Click ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the form when you have completed all relevant fields. You can make your submission even if it is not complete – save your submission by pressing Submit and return to amend/complete it later.
You will see a pop-up alert if any mandatory fields are left incomplete – if you click ‘Continue’ your submission will be marked as ‘incomplete’ if some fields have not been answered, so ensure you return to complete these before the deadline.
You will receive email notification that your submission has been received and informed whether it is complete or incomplete.
Oral Abstracts A number of authors will be invited to deliver a talk based on the abstract topic and quality of submissions. Authors giving an oral presentation are not be expected to present a poster.
Poster Abstracts Authors of accepted abstracts who have chosen to present a poster can upload a pdf in the appropriate section of the submission page. Authors of posters must register in full and attend the conference. The poster gallery will be displayed on large screens around the venue. Delegates will be able to browse the gallery and view posters.
Guidelines for Authors
All abstracts MUST be submitted via the online platform.
View the session topics and select the most relevant category for your abstract.
- Submission of the same abstract to more than one category is not allowed. Duplicates will be rejected.
- Authors may submit a maximum of two abstracts as leading author, but can be mentioned as co-author in more other abstracts.
- Title to be formatted in Sentence case (not Title Case / not UPPERCASE)
- Abstracts must be submitted using the text fields in the portal – we cannot accept file uploads (except for posters submissions).
- Abstract body text should be organised in four sections – “Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusions” to indicate the start of each new section.
Introduction: A brief statement of purpose of the study and the hypothesis to be tested.
Methods: Summarise the predictors and outcomes analysed, as well as the methods used. For abstracts reporting clinical research, a sentence or phrase presenting the most important selection criteria for subjects should be included.
Results: Provide a summary of the results including quantitative data, presented in sufficient detail with statistical analysis when possible to support the conclusions.
Conclusions: Summarise the impact and significance of the findings. It is not sufficient to state, “The results will be discussed,” or “other data will be presented,” etc.
- The abstract text should be clear and concise in English with good sentence structure – 250 words maximum.
- Mathematical symbols and equations can be typed or copied & pasted into the field.
- Abstract must be text only – no pictures, diagrams, tables, etc can be included.
- The abstract can include up to five references or citations, consistently formatted according to any major academic citation style.
- Enter list of all authors using full names and affiliations
- Identify one author who will attend the meeting and be able to present the abstract (if it is selected).
- Disclose any conflicts of interest. Authors are responsible for reporting any real or perceived financial conflict of interest. A brief disclosure and conflict of interest statement should be submitted with the abstract and also viewable on any posters. Any potential for financial gain that may be derived from reported work may constitute a possible conflict of interest.Disclosure is required in any case in which an individual or company stands to benefit financially from research performed. Therefore, each author must indicate any benefit to an individual or company that may potentially lead to financial reward.
- Select your preference for either poster presentation or oral presentation. However, please be aware that there is no guarantee that an oral preference will be approved.
- Before submission, please check all necessary fields have been completed in order to avoid last-minute changes.
- The content and accuracy of abstracts is the responsibility of authors. EMSOS reserves the right to reject abstracts that are not written in English, are out of the scope of the EMSOS Conference, do not meet basic standards of scientific quality, or do not adhere to conventional standards of civil discourse and common decency.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented (either orally or in poster form) at the meeting by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors. If this is not possible, do not submit an abstract. Should an author not attend to present an accepted abstract, such contributions will be marked as ‘no-show’.
- Permissions: By submitting an abstract, authors grant EMSOS a non–exclusive right to publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the abstract worldwide in all forms (including on the Society’s website), formats and media now known or as developed in the future, including print, electronic and digital forms. Authors will retain copyright of the abstract, in addition to the moral rights to which they are entitled to as author of the abstract. By submission, authors give EMSOS permission to film or photograph their presentation at the Conference, which may be used on the EMSOS website and on other relevant and related platforms and media channels.
- The official language of the conference is English. Simultaneous interpretation is not provided. It is therefore expected that, if selected for oral presentation, authors are able to present their research fluently in the English language.
Should you need assistance with the abstract system please request support by sending an email to email@example.com